Your responsibilitiesIn this challenging position within the Business Unit Public Transport you will work in our Kapsch Public TransportCom’s Belgium office. The main focus will be on end-to-end solutions for Automated Fare Collection (AFC), Intermodal Transport Control Systems (ITCS) and Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) solutions.
As a member of our local dynamic team you will jointly assume responsibility for our company’s success in new business areas. You can benefit from being enabled to act highly independently while being part of a reputable internationally operating company.
This function has task in following domains:
- Supporting our North American sales team by verifying ways to meet the client’s potential needs in advance of a tender’s publication.
- Providing the necessary documentation (and/or presentation) to support the potential client’s understanding of the capabilities of our solutions, as well as providing the customer our vision.
- Assisting in and taking ownership of the various internal approval phases.
- Collecting administrative documents that are specific to tenders (e.g. annual report, quality certificates, etc.)
- Preparing, coordinating and controlling the entire tender process.
- Defining action lists along with action owners and related deadlines.
- Keeping track of the overall tender response progress.
- Making a functional and hardware GAP analysis and consequently involve R&D to get a solution definition and the related estimates.
- Cooperating with and getting input from service management, supply chain management, project management, finance and legal.
- Taking full ownership of the financial model for putting in costs and defining prices.
- Writing solution responses, while ensuring the quality of responses and the overall compliance with the requirements.
- Participate in post-tender activities such as presentations and clarifications.
- Assisting in the knowledge transfer to project management in case of a tender award.
- Updating department specific reports.
- Setting up a benchmark database in consultation with your colleagues to evaluate competition and market prices.
- You keep up with the latest trends and innovations and share them internally with the various stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical field of study (or commercial in combination with a technical background).
- You primarily have excellent oral and written knowledge of English. In addition good knowledge of Dutch is appreciated.
- You have an affinity for engineering and technical solutions.
- You are able to fluently work with MS Excel & Word.
- You don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Regular business travel to the USA is no problem.
- Your analytical skills and sense for structure and details are very good developed.
- You have a commercial, assertive communication style.
- You are autonomous, proactive, reliable and professional.
- You have excellent presentation skills.
Our offer to you
- An interesting full-time position with high responsibility within one of our growing markets
- An international working environment and exciting challenges with room for new ideas
- Flexibility and quick decisions within an internationally operating family business
- You can expect a nice gross salary that is completely in line with your experience level completed with several fringe benefits (eg hospitalization insurance, group insurance, additional leave days, car)
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please apply online or send your documents to
Apply now!Do you want to follow this exciting path with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. For any questions about this job, feel free to contact us under: Angela Riedler, +43 50811 3224
Apply online now