Your responsibilitiesWe at Kapsch invest a substantial part of our revenues in the research and the development of new, groundbreaking, and – in a nutshell – really cool solutions. This commitment ensures the consistent innovation and implementation of new technologies for the benefit of our customers from all over the world.
In this perspective, we are looking for a highly motivated Agile Android Developer to strengthen our innovative Mission Critical Cloud team. In this team we are responsible for the design and development of an End-to-End Mission Critical Communications System, ranging from end user devices running Android applications to the server side, based on Java and Cloud Environments. While doing this we strive to follow the most advanced standards, particularly involving a complete new set of 3GPP specifications based on 4G/5G/LTE.
Within this team you will play a vital role integrating, testing and developing our Android Mobile App, supported by an international team, in order to provide the best quality and user experience for demanding customers including First Responders, Emergency Forces, Railway Operators or Utility Companies e.g. in the energy sector.
To achieve this goal, you would be part of an Agile Scrum team designing and developing new features for Android-based Mission Critical Apps in close collaboration with all the stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction following, and sometimes also challenging, the existing standards.
- if you just finished your degree in System Engineering, Software Architecture, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Telematics or anything similar and you are eager to learn new technologies, research and apply learnings to daily work practice,
- if you are willing to use your knowledge of the Android platform to help guide design and engineering decisions and to effectively write Java or C++ code for a multitude of Android devices using your knowledge of the Android SDK, design principles and third-party libraries
- if you are able to communicate fluently in English in order to stream our findings and discussions over the several geographies we work with, and German to be able to locally interact within the team,
Our offer to you
- A hands-on onboarding with an experienced team to get familiar with the business and domain-related processes
- An international team practicing Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum),
- Exciting challenges with lots of room for new ideas and clever ways to improve our quality
- Social benefits, infrastructure (operating restaurants, near subway etc.) of a modern company and flexible working hours etc.
- For legal reasons we are obliged to mention that according to the collective agreement the minimum gross salary for this position is € 35,000 p.a. Depending on your qualifications and professional experience your salary will exceed the minimum salary.
Apply now!Do you want to follow this exciting path with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. For any questions about this job, feel free to contact us under: Brigitte Löffler, 050811 / 1914
Apply online now